Recipe: Sea Bream alla Monica (Italy)
The perfect partner to fruity dry whites like Fiano di Avellino, this simple but delicious recipe was kindly shared by Monica from Italy’s beautiful Piemonte region.
And with 12.5% off all Italian and sparkling wines, now’s the time to get in the kitchen with a glass in your hand.
1 x sea bream per person (Ask your fishmonger to scale and fillet these – although many supermarkets will also stock it.)
1 or 2 x unwaxed lemon(s)
5 x black olives (stoned) per fish
1 x clove of garlic
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C (392°F).
- Wash the fish and pat dry with kitchen paper before scattering a little salt on both sides and in the internal cavity.
- Place on a piece of kitchen foil large enough to wrap the fish in.
- Put three slices of unwaxed lemon in the cavity of each fish.
- Take five stoned black olives per fish, slice and scatter over the top.
- Do the same with the chopped garlic clove and a few cherry tomatoes.
- Drizzle with olive oil and wrap the fish fairly tightly in the foil before placing on a baking tray in the hot oven for half an hour.
Serve it alongside a simple salad and savour with several glasses of Fiano di Avellino.