Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions will apply when you order goods or services from ourselves via our website and by means of any distance communication. For the purpose of these terms and conditions, distance communication includes the following:
- The internet
- Electronic mail
- Written correspondence
Before proceeding to order our goods and services, we ask that you read these terms and conditions carefully.
If you find that you are unable to agree to these terms and conditions, then you must not order our goods and services. If, however, you agree to them unconditionally, you may place an order to which these terms and conditions will apply.
10% off all wines & sparkling wines
***Gift cards and accessories are excluded from this discount***
"We" means Gerrard Seel Limited (Company Registration Number 01813758) and our established place of business is 31 Melford Court, Hardwick Grange, Woolston, Warrington, Cheshire WA1 4RZ. Our e-mail address is email@example.com; our telephone number is 01925 819695 and our facsimile number is 01925 818192. Our VAT Registration number is 374256343.
To order alcohol you must be at least 18 years of age. We will not sell or deliver alcohol to anyone who is, or who we believe to be, under 18 years of age. By placing an order you are confirming that you are above the legal age limit and we reserve the right not to deliver if we are unsure of this.
We cannot guarantee the availability of any of the items on this website. In the event that a product is unavailable or a specific vintage is unavailable, we shall contact you to arrange a suitable replacement or another acceptable arrangement to complete your order. Please note: labels, bottle designs and vintages can change without notice and, despite our best efforts, these changes may not be reflected by the images on this website.
The placing of an order on our website does not constitute a contract which will be made when we accept your order and process payment.
Prices on this website are per bottle inclusive of UK VAT at the current rate. Prices are subject to changes in duty and VAT
Although every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the quoted prices on this website, occasionally an error may occur and goods may not have a correct price attributed to them. If we discover a pricing error we will contact you and ask if you wish to cancel the order or to continue with the order at the correct price. We will not be obliged to supply the order if the goods are quoted at an incorrect price.
We reserve the right to terminate any special offer at any time, without notice.
Free Gifts and Discounts
When offered, only one free gift will be supplied per household and/or user account.
Promotions and discounts exclude gift cards, event tickets and products already discounted in price. Other conditions might apply at our discretion.
In the case of multi-tiered promotions, the discounts and/or free gifts are not cumulative unless specifically stated otherwise. The discounts and/or free gifts will be supplied subject to the order meeting the relevant criteria.
Gerrard Seel gift cards can be exchanged for goods listed by Gerrard Seel. When the price of the goods is lower than the value of the gift card, the difference will be credited to the customer's account.
Gift cards cannot be used to discharge indebtedness on previous orders or in respect of accounts held at Gerrard Seel, nor any of its associated companies.
Gift cards cannot be exchanged for cash or credit.
Promotional vouchers cannot be used for payment for gift cards.
Gift cards have no expiry date.
We will not be liable for failure to meet agreed obligations due to prevailing circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
A charge of £9.50 inclusive of VAT will be levied for each order of up to £49.99 in value and a charge of £7.50 inclusive of VAT for each order of between £50 and £99.99 in value. Orders of a value of £100 or more will be delivered free of charge. Prices are applicable to deliveries made to the majority of UK Mainland addresses only. Deliveries to certain Scottish Highland postcodes, to Northern Ireland and to other offshore islands may be liable for additional shipping costs. Currently we are unable to deliver to BFPO addresses or to any overseas countries.
We normally guarantee delivery within 7 days of accepting your order unless we have advised you to the contrary at the time of acceptance of your order. Our carriers are only authorised to deliver goods where a specific signature for goods is available, between the hours of 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday and only to the address of the purchaser. However, where specific instructions are given to leave the wine without a signature being obtained or to leave the consignment at an address other than the purchaser or at a business address where goods may be signed for by someone other than the purchaser, we cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage arising as a result of carrying out those instructions.
Customers are requested to carefully check all goods at the time of delivery. The delivery or carriers note should be signed noting any shortages or breakage. We regret we cannot entertain claims not recorded in this way. In any case claims must be made to our office within three days of delivery. We shall not be liable for any consequential loss or damage in any respect.
Customers have a seven day right of withdrawal from mail order contracts. Notice of cancellation must be given in writing and will be effective upon receipt at our offices. Please note that in the event of a cancelled order, a charge may be levied to cover the cost of collecting the goods.
User Comments and Content
You may post reviews, ratings, messages, comments and other content which may be disclosed, submitted or offered to us on or through the site or otherwise.
This right is extended on condition that the submissions are not illegal, obscene, abusive, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties, or objectionable. Specifically, these should not include software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters or mass mailings. You are solely responsible for your submissions. We reserve the right, but not the obligation, to remove or edit any submissions.
If you disclose, submit or offer any submissions, unless indicated otherwise, you:
- grant us a non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, publish, modify, adapt, translate, distribute, create derivative works from, and display such submissions throughout the world in any media.
- grant us and all sub-licensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such submissions, if we so choose.
- agree to waive your right to be identified as the author of such submissions and your right to object to derogatory treatment of such submissions.
- represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the submissions; that, as at the date the submission is disclosed or offered to us, such submission is true, accurate and not misleading; use of the submission will not cause injury to any person or entity (including that it is not defamatory), does not include the trade secret or confidential information of others and does not infringe any other person's or entity's rights. You agree to indemnify us for all claims brought by a third party against us arising out of or in connection with a breach of any of these warranties.
Gerrard Seel Limited is registered with Data Protection. Information is held for the purpose of maintaining customer records and we undertake to discharge our duties under current legislation.
E. & O. E.
Who we are:
This website is operated by Gerrard Seel Limited] a company registered in the United Kingdom with our registered office at 31 Melford Ct, Warrington WA1 4RZ and we are the data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 (the “Acts”).
How we use the information you provide us:
Information we may collect from you:
You may provide personal data to us, if you choose to:
- purchase products through the Website or over the phone;
- enter competitions, prize draws or promotions which we are promoting;
- register an account;
- subscribe to any of our services including marketing services to keep you informed about news, promotions, products and events.;
- request further services marketing/newsletters including by email and sms;
- report a problem with the Website;
When you use the Website, we automatically collect and store certain information about your computer or device and your activities, including:
- Your IP address
- Details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data and the resources, advertisements and linked sites that you access
The information you may be requested to provide may include the following:
- Billing and delivery postal addresses
- Phone and fax numbers
- Email addresses
- User names and passwords
- Payment card details
- Browsing and shopping activities
Gerrard Seel may use your personal data to notify you by post, phone, email, and SMS about our products and services. Each time you receive marketing information or a message, you have the option to decline to receive further marketing information from us. This is known as an "opt-out". If you have more than one address or email address please make sure to notify any changes to your preferences for each address or email address you have registered with us. Customers who have registered to shop online on the Website can unsubscribe from marketing communications at any time by contacting us.
We (or our third party service providers who act on our behalf) may use the personal data you provide us in the following manner:
- To provide you with the requested goods and/or services including but not limited to processing and fulfilling your order and administering promotions such as competitions and prize draws;
- To monitor and improve the services and the Website;
- To manage your marketing preferences;
- To contact you if there is a query regarding your order;
- To verify your identity;
- In certain circumstances in order to process your order and to verify your identity, we may call you on the telephone number you have provided to perform security checks and to request that you verify certain information;
- Market research purposes;
- To enable us to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements;
- In the detection and prevention of fraud; and
- For research, analysis, risk management, legal, accounting, administrative, testing, monitoring and for our business operations.
Where you have given your consent, we may use your personal data in the following manner:
From time to time, to inform you by post, email, sms or other available means, of products, services, promotions and special offers from Gerrard Seel
We may disclose personal data we collect to third parties in the following manner:
- To administer your account and to disclose your details to our third party service providers for the purpose of processing and fulfilment of your order only.
- We may pass your personal data to other companies to support our business operations, and or audit purposes.
- We may disclose your personal data where it is necessary to comply with any applicable law or an order of a governmental or law enforcement body.
- We may pass on non-personal aggregated information about sales and website usage to reputable organisations for research or analysis purposes only. This will not include any data that could identify you..
- We may pass your information to third parties in order to fulfil and/or dispatch your orders. The third party provider may send marketing material within the parcel or by post after fulfilment of your order.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
One of the cookies we use is essential for parts of the site to operate and has already been set. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work.
_utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
E Commerce Cookies:
Needed for PHP functionality to work:
Used for keeping track of what is in your basket:
Related to your customer account, no personal information is stored in this cookie:
Our website might contain links to other websites. We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies on other sites, we advise you to read the privacy statement of every website that collects your personal information.