Château Saint-Roch Côtes Du Rhône Rouge
Chateau Saint-Roch Cotes Du Rhone Rouge is garnet with brilliant purple reflections. Fragrant and bright red and black berries on the nose with a suggestion of leather, liquorice and spice. It is a perfect expression of its terroir: tasty and fleshy, with a lovely freshness and an elegant finish.
- Country: France
- Region: Rhône Valley
- Subregion: Côtes Du Rhône
- Vintage: 2021
- Colour: Red
- Grape Variety: Grenache/Garnacha, Syrah/Shiraz, Cinsault
- ABV: 13.5%
- Bottle Size: 75cl
- Closure: Screwcap and Cork
- Style: Fruity and generous
- Drink With: Brochettes of tuna with a spicy tomato and chorizo sauce, also Lancashire Hotpot
Château Saint-Roch Côtes Du Rhône Rouge is from vineyards just outside the Lirac appellation on the western hillsides of the fault of Roquemaure. They are protected from the prevailing wind by the hills of Saint Géniès, and they benefit from the moderating influence of the Rhône river close by. Château Saint-Roch's blend of Grenache, Syrah and Cinsault is typical of many Southern Rhône wines, yet the quality and style here outshine many more expensive offerings.
Why we like this wine
Cotes du Rhone is a catch-all appellation that comes in various guises from top drawer to virtually undrinkable. This is the former yet still at such an affordable price. It's made by the lady of the house and definitely has those elegant, feminine touches yet lacks nothing in terms of power. This is first class Cotes du Rhone that will grace any table and will probably have your guests guessing as to what it really is!
- The very best of Cotes du Rhone
- Good fruit, some spice and decent structure
- Great price/quality rapport