Technically it's Summer, so even in this green and pleasant land there will be some days soon where you can get the barbecue out.
Think beyond boring burgers and try these easy lamb chops, beautiful with a glass or three of fruity Pinot Noir – we recommend this aromatic number by Bladen.
TIP: If desired, wrap exposed ends of bones in foil before cooking to avoid charring.
INGREDIENTS (Serves 4)
1kg lamb chops
Half tsp of black pepper
3 x garlic cloves (chopped)
1 x onion (thinly sliced)
4 x tbsp white wine vinegar
2 x tbsp olive oil
1 x tsp salt
- Mix all ingredients except the lamb in a bowl until the salt has dissolved.
- Transfer mixture to a large seal-able plastic bag, add lamb chops and toss until well coated.
- Seal and transfer to fridge to marinate for 3 hours.
- Stoke up the barbecue until at a moderate to high heat.
- Cook lamb for three minutes per side, for medium (reduce or lengthen according to preferred taste).
Savour with stunning Bladen Marlborough Pinot Noir – enough to keep the colour in your cheeks regardless of whether the sun's out or not.