Fizz and nibbles – bliss for a dinner party or day in the sun.
Recreate special holiday memories with these ludicrously easy cheesey bites and a popped bottle or two or refreshing cava.
We recommend this wonderful Paco Molina Brut, a perfect partner at under £10 a bottle!
TIP: For flavour variation, replace cayenne pepper with smoked paprika, dried thyme or mild chilli powder.
INGREDIENTS (20-30 bites)
125g plain flour
125g cubed unsalted butter
25g freshly grated parmesan
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 x pinch cayenne pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 180℃.
- Rub butter into flour or use a food processor until mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Form together into a ball, then knead on a lightly floured surface for a few minutes until dough is smooth.
- Cut dough in half (to allow for rolled out surface area) then roll out first piece between two pieces of cling film to 0.5cm thickness.
- Remove top piece of cling film, cut out as many 5cm round biscuits as you can and place on a greased baking tray.
- Repeat with second piece of dough and any trimmings.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden, then cool on a wire rack.
Serve alongside something sparkling like Paco Molina Cava Brut but make sure you've got plenty of both for everyone!